Ninja Art Duel Academy
Welcome to NADA, if you are looking to join feel free to make an account and join our chatbox. Make sure to read the rules and test rubric and then join our chatbox so we can start the test. Before joining I would suggest that you check out our Forum Rules.

NADA Forum Rules: https://ninjaartduelacademy.forumotion.com/post
Ninja Art Duel Academy
Welcome to NADA, if you are looking to join feel free to make an account and join our chatbox. Make sure to read the rules and test rubric and then join our chatbox so we can start the test. Before joining I would suggest that you check out our Forum Rules.

NADA Forum Rules: https://ninjaartduelacademy.forumotion.com/post
Ninja Art Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to master the art of dueling and hang out with friends, Join Ninja Art today.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Assignment 2: The Tributes Emptyby Fawkes99 Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:18 pm

» Been a while
Assignment 2: The Tributes Emptyby digivolve4me Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:31 am

» S.O.S.
Assignment 2: The Tributes Emptyby King Solomon Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:19 am

» New Dueling Website is Up!
Assignment 2: The Tributes Emptyby Fawkes99 Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:41 pm

» Yah boi is back online
Assignment 2: The Tributes Emptyby Fawkes99 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:43 am

» Ozpin's Admin application
Assignment 2: The Tributes Emptyby Dark Knight Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:41 pm

» Root's Admin Application
Assignment 2: The Tributes Emptyby Dark Knight Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:19 pm

» NEW HERE
Assignment 2: The Tributes Emptyby B.eyes.white.dragon Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:36 am

» New student
Assignment 2: The Tributes Emptyby Niney18 Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Card of the week
Statistics
We have 833 registered users
The newest registered user is runzy

Our users have posted a total of 4838 messages in 1225 subjects

Assignment 2: The Tributes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chojiro Tokumatsu
Retired Staff
Chojiro Tokumatsu

DN Username : ZaneBrain, Z4N38R41N-D3U180T, CR45H-TP_th3_M15T4K3, Cthulhu-SquidGod, Kreig-TheImmortal
Training Points : 178

Assignment 2: The Tributes Empty
PostSubject: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:17 pm

This assignment will be about Tribute summoning and Ritual summoning. I will also split this assignment into two separate ones(due to the lake of decks based on these summoning mechanics) that you guys can choose between, but doing both will not grant extra points.

WARNING: Failure to turn in this assignment will result in your inability to participate in any future event such as any upcoming tourneys.

Tribute Summoning
A tribute summon is a summon where the player must tribute a monster(s) from the field to the graveyard to normal summon a monster of a higher level. The levels where a tribute to summon is required are levels 5 and 6, where one tribute is required, and levels 7 and up, where two tributes are required. With this in mind, you can only tribute summon as long as you can normal summon, and I am only emphasizing this requirement because many people think that a tribute summon is a special summon when it is not. Also, when you tribute a monster for a tribute summon, that monster that is being tributed is sent as a cost and is not being destroyed in anyway. In fact any card that states to tribute a monster for a summon of a monster, such as lava golem's effect, you can tribute any monster even if it states that the monster that is being tributed cant be effected by effects.

For this assignment you will need to build a deck based around the tribute summoning mechanic, with a 15 card side deck and no extra deck(the reason why no extra deck is because I want you guys to focus on the tribute summon mechanic more than any other summon mechanic). I also will not allow any pendulum monsters or ritual monsters in the deck either(I repeat, I only want you guys to focus on tribute summoning and not anything else). I also ask that you guys run 5 staple cards for tribute summoning decks, such as the monarchs spell/trap archetype. I also want proof that this deck is brand new and not an old build you had. Once you finish building your deck you will also go to rated(and only rated, any none rated duels will result in a 0) and win five matches(not singles). Once you finish both you will turn in a deck profile of your deck and a screenshot of all five wins you earned. Decks I DON'T want to see are Kozmo(yes it has monster that can be tribute summon but the deck is not a tribute summon deck), U.A.(again, not a tribute summon based deck), or any deck that is not based on tribute summoning

Ritual Summoning
A ritual summon is possibly on of the trickiest summoning mechanic to perform due to the fact the it requires a ritual monster, a ritual spell and a monster(s) whose level equal the ritual monster's level (or in some cases are over, but might require an exact level sum). Now, to perform a ritual summon you must activate a ritual spell card and tribute the monster(s), whose level are exactly (or over) the ritual monster's level, from the field and/or hand(and some time graveyard if stated in a monster text or the ritual spell card). This form of summoning is not a tribute summon for you are special summoning a monster instead of normal summoning it. Please note you cannot use an xyz monster for a ritual summon because an xyz monster does not have a level, unless you used a card effect to change the xyz monster's rank into a level, the you can use it for a ritual summon. Now, there some cases(but not a lot) where you can summon a ritual monster without performing a ritual summon, but the card text must state to ignore the summoning conditions of the ritual monster, but other then that you can only ritual summon ritual monsters.

For this assignment you must build a deck based around ritual summoning, with a 15 card side deck and a 5 card extra deck(this will not include herald of arc light and the only exception to this rule is Nekroz). You must also have 3 staple cards for a ritual deck such as Preparation of Rites or the djinns of rituals. This deck will be a newly constructed deck and you must so proof that it is a new build and not an older one. After you are done with building your deck, you will go use your deck and win five ranked matches(not singles). After you have completed this you will post a deck profile, with proof of it being new, and all five match wins.

Disclaimer
Please remember I only want you to turn in one of the two and not both, so please choose one. You will also be allow to change your choice, but remember to follow instructions for that assignment. And yes, I do understand if this assignment will be diffuclt to do but try your best. Also please turn in something by the due date, I will still give you points for turning in something and you will still be able to do events.

Point System
You will earn a total of 350 point for the completion of the assignment. But you will not earn extra points if you do both. I will take points off the tribute summon assignment for each card in the extra deck and points of for each card you go over in the extra deck for the ritual summon assignment. I also forgot  to mention that you will also need to post your Dn name in the assignment when you turn it in and if you don't you lose 50% of the points you earn. This assignment is due on 1/18/16, a Monday.

I wish you all the best of luck. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chojiro Tokumatsu
Retired Staff
Chojiro Tokumatsu

DN Username : ZaneBrain, Z4N38R41N-D3U180T, CR45H-TP_th3_M15T4K3, Cthulhu-SquidGod, Kreig-TheImmortal

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:36 pm

reminder that you guys have only five days left(not including today) to finish this assignment
Back to top Go down
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

DN Username : {AccelSync}Ragnarok
Training Points : 405

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 3:35 pm

i feel like nobodys started e.e
Back to top Go down
Chojiro Tokumatsu
Retired Staff
Chojiro Tokumatsu

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 3:45 pm

from what I know you would be correct ragna
Back to top Go down
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

DN Username : {AccelSync}Ragnarok
Training Points : 405

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:02 pm

i might drop myself down to red to do ur assignments xP or can i just do it for fun
Back to top Go down
Chojiro Tokumatsu
Retired Staff
Chojiro Tokumatsu

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:07 pm

ragna you can do them but you cant turn them in since you are in yellow dorm. plus I don't think you can drop a dorm.
Back to top Go down
mask
mask

DN Username : maskedcelloest
Training Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:17 pm

um I did it but how do I hand it in
Back to top Go down
Chojiro Tokumatsu
Retired Staff
Chojiro Tokumatsu

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Mask you need to take a screenshot of your deck profile and screen shots of all five wins you got on ranked. then you post the screenshots as a link to a site where I can view them or post the actual image on this post(I would prefer the links but to each there own choice).
Back to top Go down
mask
mask

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:40 pm

okay thanks
Back to top Go down
Chojiro Tokumatsu
Retired Staff
Chojiro Tokumatsu

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:15 pm

here is a quick reminder that you guys have 3 days(not including today) to finish and turn in your assignment. remember that failure to turn in this assignment will result in you losing the inability to participate in any event.
Back to top Go down
mask
mask

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:22 pm

I have a deck but I cant win with it https://i.imgur.com/5yFYmFm.png
Back to top Go down
Chojiro Tokumatsu
Retired Staff
Chojiro Tokumatsu

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:50 pm

mask wrote:
I have a deck but I cant win with it https://i.imgur.com/5yFYmFm.png

I'm glad to hear that you tried but then again having a 60 card deck does make it a little bit more inconsistent and have more then the commonly ran cards in the deck can affect its ability to perform. So for latter assignment, try to make a 40 card deck a look up commonly ran cards in the deck. But overall you did do the deck build part of the assignment and for that I will award you with a 225/350 points, D.

You will be able to collect your points on 1/18/16, when I release your report card.

Last edited by ZaneBrain on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chojiro Tokumatsu
Retired Staff
Chojiro Tokumatsu

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 7:11 am

A reminder that this assignment is due tomorrow. If you do not turn in this assignment you will not be able to participate in any events
Back to top Go down
Chojiro Tokumatsu
Retired Staff
Chojiro Tokumatsu

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:15 am

Today is the last day to turn in the assignment. You can still turn in a deck profile and get scored for that. I also opted to not do report cards since only one person turned in the assignment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2: The Tributes   Assignment 2: The Tributes Empty

Back to top Go down

Assignment 2: The Tributes
Page 1 of 1